TOW FANTSTIC RECIPE’S FOR THE LINDA’S CLAN
The Linda’s Team decided to place two of the all-time favorite recipe’s on our blog for our friends, family and all those that enjoy and follow us on our online shop and Facebook.
The first recipe, oats & Coconut is a recipe that is in our family for many years and obviously a favorite of mine and many others in the Reynecke clan. With the Kiwi kids visiting earlier this year this one was rediscovered and was a hit with the Kiwi’s clan.
The second recipe Peanut Butter cookie in a mug I believe will be criminal not share and so here it is. Easy to make difficult to get it wrong and whatever the outcome it is always a winner!!!
Oat & Coconut Icebox Cookies
I can remember this treat as a child. My mum use to bake the oats and coconut cookies for us during the school holiday seasons. This recipe was passed down through the family and still is a favorite for us and the neighborhood kids. It's a cookie lover's cookie: crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and perfectly for a dunk.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts (if available)
- Cream butter, margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, coconut and almonds (walnuts).
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a 10-in. long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on non-greased baking sheets Bake until edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Peanut Butter Cookie In A Mug
This peanut butter cookie in a mug is perfect for when you have a sweet tooth but don't want to make an entire batch of cookies. It is a well-known fact that peanut butter in which ever form is a great weakness of mine. It is thus not strange that this favorite of mine is placed on our blog.
It is real quick and easy recipe no hassle and in a MUG!! What is there not to like about this recipe!!!
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted peanuts
- Spray 12-ounce mug with cooking spray. Add butter; microwave on HIGH until melted, 10 seconds. Stir in peanut butter and sugar until combined. Add egg yolk; stir in flour. Add milk and vanilla extract. Top with peanuts.
- Microwave on HIGH until set, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Serve im
So all the bakers, Linda’s friends and family there you have it 2 x great recipe’s from Linda’s for all to enjoy. No big fuss no big mess and easy for the youngsters to try it out. ( Baking and tasting)
We know you will enjoy these.
The Linda’s Team
Share this post
- Tags: Recipe