The turmeric on shelves and in spice cabinets is made of the ground roots of the plant. Ground turmeric is also a major ingredient in curry powder.
Turmeric is a flavorsome spice that is nutritious to consume.
Turmeric is a highly versatile spice that can be added to meals in a range of ways, including:
- Adding turmeric into spice mixtures such as curry or barbecue rub
- Making a homemade dressing using part oil, part vinegar, and seasonings including turmeric
- Changing up your go-to marinades by adding turmeric.
A Smoothie recipe with turmiric
Get an antioxidant boost by starting your day with this mango turmeric smoothie which also includes golden beet, ginger, and yogurt.
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 inch peeled, fresh ginger root
- 1/2 inch peeled turmeric root (substitute with 1 teaspoon turmeric powder if you cannot find fresh turmeric)
- 1 roasted golden beet (peeled)
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.